How To Reupholster A Recliner Couch
Last Updated : Jul 28, 2021
IN - Recliner Couch
In this article we will show you how to reupholster a recliner couch, any home can benefit from the addition of a reclining chair. They provide amazing comfort and this is an excellent choice for folks who want to relax by putting their feet up.
But eventually, everything wears out, including chair covers and upholstery. The good news is that you may not need to replace the entire recliner in most cases.
Instead you just have to reupholster your chair to ensure that it continues to provide you with comfort for years to come.
If you want to learn how to reupholster a recliner, the following material will teach you all you need to know, including the supplies you'll need and the procedures to take to complete your project.
Step By Step Guide On How To Reupholster A Recliner Couch :-
- Take apart the recliner's primary components. Starting with the rear piece, turn it upside down and remove the seat cushion using a screwdriver.
- Remove the arm and footrests and turn it right way up again. Remove any existing materials that you intend to replace. They're a great resource for figuring out how to make the right designs with your new cloth.
- Remove the old fabric and cut out the new ones. Remember to include enough fabric for putting it inside. You can easily take off excess later if you have too much.
- Before you put the fabric on the chair, iron it once it's been cut out. Before you begin stitching, use straight pins to hold the fabric in place. Begin stapling your fabric in the middle of the frame, keeping it taut as much as possible.
- Check to see whether your corners are puckering. When you can't staple something on a recliner, you'll have to use your permanent marker alternative.
- It's time to put your covered button kit to good use. Wrap your chosen buttons as directed. Reattach the fasteners to the chair components using your upholstered needles and wax-coated thread.
After your recliner upholstery has indeed been refinished, you have to take proper care to keep it appearing great for years, so you won't have to do it again anytime soon.
If you reupholstered your chair with leather, make sure you clean it with leather cleaner and conditioner on a regular basis.
You can avoid any stains off your fabric recliners with a moderate soap and water.
If you have pets who sit in your recliner on a frequent basis, try adding a throw or even a chair cover to protect the fabric or leather I hope this article on how to reupholster a recliner couch helps you.